Moving with Children
What's the greatest way to help children adjust to all of the changes of moving? With many answers to this question, here are some general tips.
- Talk to you kids early on about the move and the changes it will bring.
- Keep to your normal routine, and arrange to continue your child's current activities in a new community.
- Keep favorite items accessible
- Have children pack a special box with their most treasured items.
- If possible, take your children to the new community before the move to introduce them to the new surroundings.
- Let your children get involved with planning and packing if possible, and ask for their input on how they would like to decorate their new rooms.
- Above all, ask for their thoughts and opinions.